The Christian Response To Syria Killing Innocent Children With Sarin Gas


 

                I had someone ask me what I thought about the situation with Assad in Syria using sarin gas to kill women and children.

I don’t know what the consequences are going to be for those who kill innocent children with sarin gas.  (I write at 9.59am, CDT, 8/31/13) I do think it is right for us to keep praying that national leaders would have wisdom.  I am praying for President Obama.

I remember that salvation and justification comes to the humble not to those who trust themselves.

We need to push for the children to grow in their love for Jesus and never hinder them.

To hear the commands of God makes one humble.

-No adultery (or lust)

-No murder (or hate)

-No stealing (or coveting)

-No false witness

-Honor mother and father

In the case of people who are not full of arrogance, conceit and hubris this would bring about humility before God. But some of us might be like the rich young man Jesus encountered who said he had done all this since his youth.

Jesus said to Him,

“Sell all you have and give it to the poor and move your treasure to heaven.”

“Come and follow me.”

Does Jesus put this before all of us who are  trusting ourselves and our riches?

We might think that this is impossible that no rich people would do such a thing, but the fishermen left their boats, their hired helpers and their families and did just that.

They wondered if it would be worth it in the final analysis.  Jesus said that it would.  They would receive many more blessings in this life and heaven in the next.  What  a promise.   There is going to be suffering in this world regardless of how we live.  Beyond that for the disciples of Jesus there is the promise of heaven where the nations are not at war but are being healed by the presence of Jesus Christ.  The water is not polluted with sarin  gas or anything else but is pure and clear and available in endless supply.  Free from hatred and the killing of innocent children and separated from those who would so such for their own riches and power.

Luke 18.

Larry Wishard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see