Doctors and Needles




As I did leg lifts on the weight machine yesterday, my grandson was looking at the scar on my knee from the surgery I had last year .

He asked, “Would you have moved from your Colorado house if you hadn’t fallen?”
“I doubt it.  We were comfortable there and the hard work of a move would be postponed as long as possible.”

There are at least three reasons for suffering:
Suffering for our bad choices to teach us better behavior under God’s guidance.
Suffering for our good choices as servants of God. Satan wishes to put us on trial.
Suffering for a reason we cannot comprehend or understand.

Today I was reflecting on dear friends of mine going through suffering because they chose to do the right thing.  It makes me grieve to feel the pain they are going through, but if they keep walking with God, I know He will comfort and strengthen them.

Jesus is a great healer of our hearts, souls and bodies.  He forgives our sins and gives us a fresh start every day and for this I am grateful.  He moves us forward through pain. 

With suffering and pain we move forward at times with our own resistance.  I just like to stay away from doctors and needles as much as I can.  Doctors must learn to move toward people with pain or they fail in their work.  Jesus was a doctor who was criticized for hanging out with sinners and tax collectors and he said that he had come to heal they sick, so He must be with them.  The healthy do not need a doctor and so they don’t allow Dr. Jesus the freedom until they are in some pain.

Once we get into a new situation we invite the teacher to come in and reshape our interior and this leads to a reshaping of our exterior world also.

This morning there was a story on the news regarding Denver having increased homelessness related to legalized marijuana.  That is a man bites dog story.  All of our choices where we choose something that gives power to our flesh over our spirit is not good for us.  Hopefully, the pain of over indulging in fleshly self comfort will lead to a better place through the St. Francis homeless shelter where a part of the program is introducing people to Jesus.

Mark 2.
Larry Wishard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see