Larry, This world is messed up. Why don't you write about it?

I had a friend who recently was frustrated because I didn't write and post certain things that I would discuss with my inner circle in private.

The reason is this:

There are news stories that get a lot of heat, more heat than light, in the mainstream media or social media that I am not sure what to say.

I have a life in two places.  A life in the world and a life among the Christians.  With my Christian friends I know where they stand on things generally, but with the world I have no idea about where they are.  I will leave comments about the world to God or Jesus or someone else.  I will try not to meddle in God's business with the world.

I will comment on things I know for sure from my own experiences in my 68 years of life.

I want to be excellent in the way I handle suffering in this world.
I want to move away from focusing on human desires.
I want to live for the will of God.
I have wasted enough time doing things pagans do. (Make your own list or find one at 1 Peter 4.3 and other places.)
I want to focus on doing good things.
I do not want it to bother me that people think I'm strange.
I don't want to care if people heap abuse on me.

It is not my job to be a judge of the world and their ways.  I don't know their hurts or their hearts.  I must not meddle in God's business.  I do associate with the world and they have ways that are the opposite of Jesus Christ, but this does not surprise me because I have been there.

I know that our life here ends.  Those who have tripped on their drug of choice will one day trip over their own oxygen tube.  We are all terminal.

I will be clear minded so I can use self control to pray for the world instead of grumble about the world.

I will love my family and friends deeply and cover our sins with love.

I will enjoy hospitality whether given or received.

I will use whatever life I have to encourage other people the best I can.

I want to never be ashamed that I am called a "Christian". Not now.  Not ever.

1 Peter 4.
Larry Wishard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see