Who is there when a man falls down dead?

5.19-
Matthew 10.
29 Are not two sparrows sold for a [y]cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father.

One of the nice families I have gotten to know at the North Richland Hills Centre is the Wisdom family. Jack, Rita, English teacher, and Jon.

Wednesday 7PM I read this note on my FB,

“Jack Wisdom was the best man I ever met in my life, and I know almost everything about him: his unending kindness, his infectious joy, his steadfast love, his crazy humor, his passionate loyalty. What a life we’ve had! We were celebrating our our 50th anniversary this month, and every day of our marriage he told me he loved me and that I was beautiful. He loved me, his 5 kids, 4 sons-in-love, 13 grandkids, 4 grandsons-in-love, and 3 great-grandchildren extravagantly, nothing held back, with all his heart. He loved his mom and entire family the same way. In fact, he loved everybody he met because he really enjoyed people.
On his last morning on earth, he read the Bible for two hours, read Chuck Missler’s “Learn the Bible in 24 Hours” for an hour, and wrote in his journal. Then he stood up and sang “This Is the Day that the Lord Has Made.” He took a shower, and we left for a doctor’s appointment.
Now for all his life Jack had prayed that he would be here and then there – with Jesus. Shortly after we got home, Jack stood up for the last time, fell, and woke up in Heaven. His prayer was answered! He was here, and then he was there. His heart – the heart of the best-hearted man in the world – had ceased beating on earth, but will beat forever in Heaven.
Our constant prayer since he’s left is that God would be glorified, Jack would be honored, and people would come to know the same Jesus whom Jack loves.

This is Jack’s journal entry, written a few hours before he went home to be with Jesus forever:
'05/02/18

Lord, I am going to have a echogram of my heart. I ask that if it be your will that the doctors will be able to understand and help me heal. You alone can heal me. I want to thank you for every day of my life. You have blessed me beyond measure. I can never thank you enough. Please continue to heal my wife and my son. You alone are worthy of all praise. I also thank you for allowing my pastor Robert Morris to heal. Please continue to strengthen him. I love you, Lord. You alone are God. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.''

Jack was a joyful, kind, humble, grateful, steadfast, loving man who did his best to love and serve Jesus. In John 11:26 Jesus says, “I am the resurrection, and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.” Jack believed with all his heart that Jesus was the resurrection and the life, and even though his body has died, he is alive forever with Jesus. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!"

Jesus teaches us to all be ready for our move to heaven and that when this happens the children of God will not be alone.

Larry Wishard
5.19.18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see