11.21- Ask for what you want

11.21-

About two months ago I went to my primary care doctor who saw a growth on my skin on the top of my head and sent me to a dermatologist. She took a biopsy and called two days later and said that it was basal cell cancer and I needed to have (MOH) surgery. As in all my life in prayer I asked for what I wanted as the outcome; to get all the cancer out of my body. I asked all my family and friends to pray for my doctors, nurses and staff during this surgery. I had that surgery this morning. It started about 9.30am and by 12.30Pm I was on the way home. The doctor said the test showed that she got all the cancer out and the edges were “clear”. Those of us who believe in and follow Jesus feel free to tell our father what we want and need, but the final phrase is always “your will be done on earth as in heaven.” Thankfully, the pain on my scalp was minimal. I am home tonight appreciating life more than ever this evening. I am thankful for good medical insurance, great doctors, nurses and medical staff and certainly the prayers and love of so many of my family and friends. Thanks to all of you.

Mark 10.
46 Then they *came to Jericho. And as He was leaving Jericho with His disciples and a large crowd, a blind beggar named Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, was sitting by the road. 47 When he heard that it was Jesus the Nazarene, he began to cry out and say, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” 48 Many were sternly telling him to be quiet, but he kept crying out all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!” 49 And Jesus stopped and said, “Call him here.” So they *called the blind man, saying to him, “Take courage, stand up! He is calling for you.” 50 Throwing aside his cloak, he jumped up and came to Jesus. 51 And answering him, Jesus said, “What do you want Me to do for you?” And the blind man said to Him, “[q]Rabboni, I want to regain my sight!” 52 And Jesus said to him, “Go; your faith has [r]made you well.” Immediately he regained his sight and began following Him on the road.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see