11.5- To become a disciple of Jesus is to die to doing things your way and to live to doing things Jesus' way.

 11.5-

 To become a disciple of Jesus is to die to doing things your way and to live to doing things Jesus' way.

This changes the mind set.  The mind is set on things above as our Father in heaven wants them to be.

He has a way His children choose to live.  It is not the way of the majority of people.  It is a narrow path rather than the broad path that most choose.


 

 

Colossians 3.

Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. [a]Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory.

 12 So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and [k]patience; 13 bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. 14 Beyond all these things put on love, which is [l]the perfect bond of unity. 15 Let the peace of Christ [m]rule in your hearts, to which [n]indeed you were called in one body; and [o]be thankful.

17 Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

Family Relations

18 Wives, be subject to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. 19 Husbands, love your wives and do not be embittered against them. 20 Children, be obedient to your parents in all things, for this is well-pleasing [t]to the Lord. 21 Fathers, do not exasperate your children, so that they will not lose heart.

Psalm 101.


A Psalm of David.

101 I will sing of lovingkindness and [a]justice,
To You, O Lord, I will sing praises.
I will [b]give heed to the [c]blameless way.
When will You come to me?
I will walk within my house in the [d]integrity of my heart.
I will set no worthless thing before my eyes;

I hate the [e]work of those who fall away;
It shall not fasten its grip on me.
A perverse heart shall depart from me;
I will know no evil.

Whoever secretly slanders his neighbor, him I will [f]destroy;
No one who has a haughty look and an arrogant heart will I endure.

My eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me;
He who walks in a [g]blameless way is the one who will minister to me.
He who practices deceit shall not dwell within my house;
He who speaks falsehood shall not [h]maintain his position before me.
Every morning I will [i]destroy all the wicked of the land,
So as to cut off from the city of the Lord all those who do iniquity.

 Proverbs 26.



28 A lying tongue hates [n]those it crushes,
And a flattering mouth works ruin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see