7.14- There have been several days in my life when a new thing was put in front of me that seemed a bit like a raging river.

 7.14-

There have been several days in my life when a new thing was put in front of me that seemed a bit like a raging river. I had to move forward because it was impossible to stay where I was. I didn’t want to move forward because it appeared different, inconvenient, challenging or impossible. I had to move forward into this new zone.
For a time, I was completely still. Not moving forward or backward emotionally or spiritually. Then I would hear and see some more things. I would feel this inner cry for support from my Creator and from friends who had survived something similar.
After some time, i would explain to my close family and friends what I was going through and ask for their prayers for me. Next I would get an idea of how to get through the rest of the day.
The next morning I would look at the trouble I had to try to get through to the best of my ability. I would work on the difficulty. I would move away from the engagement with the trouble and rest a bit with something less burdensome.
That first event of that type goes back for me about fifty five years ago. There have been many since. Each time with the help of my Creator and my family, friends and sometimes professional helpers, we have gotten through whatever it was.
Once Joshua was facing a raging river and His Creator told him -- just move forward and put your foot in the water and watch what happens.
If we have faith in our Creator and follow His ways, things will always work out. Things work out okay in the end. If things are not okay, it is not the end.

Joshua 3.

 11 Behold, the ark of the covenant of the Lord of all the earth is crossing over ahead of you into the Jordan. 12 Now then, take for yourselves twelve men from the tribes of Israel, one man for each tribe. 13 And it will come about when the soles of the feet of the priests who carry the ark of the Lord, the Lord of all the earth, rest in the waters of the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan will be cut off, that is, the waters which are [y]flowing down from above; and they will stand in one heap.”

14 So when the people set out from their tents to cross the Jordan, with the priests carrying the ark of the covenant before the people, 15 and when those who were carrying the ark came up to the Jordan and the feet of the priests carrying the ark [z]stepped down into the edge of the water (for the Jordan overflows all its banks all the days of harvest), 16 then the waters which were [aa]flowing down from above stood and rose up in one heap, a great distance away at Adam, the city that is beside Zarethan; and those which were [ab]flowing down toward the sea of the Arabah, the Salt Sea, were completely cut off. So the people crossed opposite Jericho. 17 And the priests who carried the ark of the covenant of the Lord stood firm on dry ground in the middle of the Jordan while all Israel crossed on dry ground, until all the nation had finished crossing the Jordan.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see