2.15- On this day in 1967 I received a red windbreaker in a Valentine's shaped box from Sheila

 2.15-

On this day in 1967 I received a red windbreaker in a Valentine's shaped box from Sheila. This was the beginning of many Valentine gifts we exchanged in our 56 years together. We were put together in a unusual way. I was country she was city. I was dreaming up some plan with "air castles" as my dad called them. Sheila was down to earth. I was "Let's invite some people over to this messy house and visit." She was lets clean and straighten up the house first." I was fail to plan. She was plan so we don't fail. I was run around and play sports. She was let's watch sports.
Today I am celebrating Valentine's day by making some calls to other good friends whose Valentine's have moved to heaven. These are able to rejoice in the love that God provided and the memory is still sweet.
Memory washes out many of the conflictual moments in these love relationships. I love to retell a story of fun about Sheila and I dating. We had been agavating each other all night and I thought I had the best of her and stole a black hair ribbon out of her hair and hide and told her she couldn't have it back as it was my memento of the date. We pulled up to her dorm and parked in front of the window to her room on the bottom floor.
I got out of the car to go around and open her door. I walked her to the front door of the dorm and walked back to my car thinking I had won. Got to the carf and felt in my pocket for the key to my 56 Brown and tan 56 Chevy. My key was not there. It was not in th ignition. I looked up in my front window and there was Sheila in her window holding my keys in her had with a big beautiful smile.
I walked about 10 blocks home. That's my Valentine Story to myself today. Happy Valentine's to all you lovers out there.

Ecclesiastes 4
Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor; 10 for if [b]either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion. But woe to the one who falls when there is not [c]another to lift him up! 11 Furthermore, if two lie down together they [d]keep warm, but how can one be warm alone? 12 And if [e]one can overpower him who is alone, two can resist him. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart.
May be an image of 2 people and people standing
E


All reac




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see