12.3- Jesus chose to be a preacher and a teacher.

 12.3-

Jesus chose to be a preacher and a teacher.  He walked on the earth for about 30 years before he started His work.  He was trained by His earthly father, Joseph to make yokes and other carpentry items, but when He wanted to bring light to a dark world He got busy being a teacher and preacher.

To enter the work of teaching involves overcoming many dark thing that hurt people and enslave them.  Bad religion is an opponent of pure religion.  Jesus said that those who follow in His footsteps must overcome the problem of fear.  Love for God is essential and so also is the power to love your neighbor as yourself.  Other motives will not carry us through the hard times.

Bad religion is a part of the dark world and it must be confronted with light.  One approach is to answer hard questions with other hard questions.  This requires humility and trust in God instead of ourselves.  He will give us the words to say and the right attitude to say it.

About 50 years ago I believed that I was supposed to take my teaching drive and place it in the service of Jesus and I have not regretted that.  I have regretting the times that I have gotten off track of keeping the love and attitude of Jesus as I did this work, but I have not regretted being a teacher and preacher.  Thank you God.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see