3.28-The deepest of joys and communion in life is the love of God and the beloved family and friends.

 3.28-The deepest of joys and communion in life is the love of God and the beloved family and friends.  Communion, spiritual connection is our inheritance as God's sons and daughters.

One of the ways to show deep love is to do dirty and hard jobs to benefit those we love.  Roads in those days were filthy with the animal manure.  It was good for fertilizer, but messy on the roads and on the feet of men who wore sandals as they walked along.  The worst of jobs was given to the lowest of servants.  When Jesus and His disciples gathered, who would take on this service.  Jesus.

John 13.

13 Now before the Feast of the Passover, Jesus, knowing that His hour had come that He would depart from this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them [a]to the end.


Then He *poured water into the basin, and began washing the disciples’ feet and wiping them with the towel which He had tied around Himself. So He *came to Simon Peter. He *said to Him, “Lord, You are washing my feet?” Jesus answered and said to him, “What I am doing, you do not realize right now, but you will understand later.” Peter *said to Him, “Never shall You wash my feet!” Jesus answered him, “If I do not wash you, you have no [b]place with Me.” Simon Peter *said to Him, “Lord, then wash not only my feet, but also my hands and my head!” 10 Jesus *said to him, “He who has bathed needs only to wash his feet; otherwise he is completely clean. And you are clean—but [c]not all of you.” 11 For He knew the one who was betraying Him; it was for this reason that He said, “Not all of you are clean.”

12 Then, when He had washed their feet, and taken His garments and reclined at the table again, He said to them, “Do you know what I have done for you? 13 You call Me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord’; and [d]you are correct, for so I am. 14 So if I, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. 15 For I gave you an example, so that you also would do just as I did for you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see