11.13-. People who consider themselves very bad people can become great people.

 11.13-

I was thinking about my good news for today. People who consider themselves very bad people can become great people. The most widely read spiritual writer in the last 2,000 years is a guy who wrote that he considered himself the very worst of people, but God chose to save him and transform him. The apostle Paul became a worker to spread the message of God’s flow of grace, mercy and peace into the hearts of people who will receive these.
There was this popular morning television news host who was a "germaphobe". He took pictures of germs on door handles and smart phones and desks and shamed everyone around him while he keep purrell in all his pockets.
What appeared to destroy his career and his family and his life was the spiritual germs that the devil put in front of him. He was accused of sexually harassment of some of his co workers and was fired immediately. He hasn’t been around for several years even on their tapes of the show.
The good news is that the worst of people can receive the grace, mercy and peace of God and have a complete fresh start and total refreshment of the soul with a new beginning. I don’t know if this newsman has repented and admitted his need for forgiveness and cleansing from his sins to God and the people that might have been involved. I hope so.
The Apostle Paul wrote that if God could save and recycle him from the sins of persecuting Christians for their faith, then God could use anyone.
That’s the good news. It is not the germs that are the greatest danger at work. It could be the mistreatment of our fellow workers and in the process ourselves. Jesus said the best way to wait for the end of your life on earth is to go to work and stay sober instead of drunk and help our fellowman to succeed. What a transformation this could make in all our work places.

1 Timothy 1.

12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service. 13 Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. 14 The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. 17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see