11.10- For as long as I can remember I was warned about the problem with religions that are formed by men instead of God.

 11.10-

For as long as I can remember I was warned about the problem with religions that are formed by men instead of God. They care more about their rules than about honoring God by having compassion for people. When Jesus broke their rules and restored a man to health they wanted to kill Him for breaking their religious rules. He looked around at them in anger because of their stubborn hearts. When people use their religion as an excuse to not help people, God is not pleased. If anger motivates us to keep doing the right thing then this is a way to "be angry and sin not". I am very much for true religion which is helping those in need and keeping oneself from the filth of this world, but I am not for religion that robs widows and prays long prayers.

James 1.

26 Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless. 27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see