1.13- The reality is that healthy people keep their priorities in order.

 1.13-

The reality is that healthy people keep their priorities in order.  Life itself. Family. Friends. Sport. Demar Hamlin reminds us of this reality. He is a football player who collapsed on the field in front of millions of NFL viewers last night about 9pm.

Millions watched Football this past month and especially at this time of the year. I am one of those in my slowed down, state of life.

This morning at 4.56 am I want to use my voice or writing to thank all of you my friends for support for me and my family going through hard times.  This has been a blessing.

Today my mind and heart are with my family and friends who are involved and engaged in sports as their hobby and entertainment and work. I have a couple of family members who have made their living in jobs related to sports and the entertainment/hospitality industry.  These family members and friends are on my mind this morning.

I have already contacted them through text to try to do what I can to support them. I have been involved in teaching and coaching since I was in college and I am thankful for the good that comes through sports.  Just this past couple of days I was enjoying lunch with a high school basketball coach and we shared that sports was an accelerator of maturity for some of his young athletes. He is a good friend who played college basketball and now coaches young men.

I texted my friends in this field to just remind them that I would be praying for them in their work as the millions of people in the USA and the world was reminded last night that football sports is nothing compared to human life.  When first things become secondary then life does not work the best.  When first things are placed in priority then the second things become much richer and more meaningful.

I watched a sports commentator, Ryan Clark, who had played football and had a bad health situation explain that many of these college and professional athletes live for making it to the NFL.  It is good to have high goals and aspirations, but I believe we must make sure that first things are first.  Prayer for people in need is the highest priority.

Pray for Demar Hamlin. Pray for our country to get our priories right.

Matthew 6.

 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see