1.7- I heard a champion athlete this morning speak regarding how long he would continue

 1.7-

I heard a champion athlete this morning speak regarding how long he would continue to play before he retired. "As long as my mind is engaged to tell my body how to train."
To experience these is within our power. It requires a decision in the mind. If we are mentally tired then we need to focus our minds to our quiet place. Maybe it's a place, a physical person or a spiritual person or a passage from a book or a video or video clip.
We can make choices about what we think on and our self talk. We can control what we say to others. We can decide to speak the truth or nothing at all. The is a price for standing up for what is right is high but there is a higher price for refusing to do so.
We can write our own history and we can right our own history.
Our growth in understanding how to live effectively in this world is up to us. We can control our focus. Focus on fear and sink. Focus on love and move forward.
I read the last chapter of the world's best selling book today. God and His children won. Choose a side and don't be foolish.

Psalm 92

Psalm 92[a]

A psalm. A song. For the Sabbath day.

It is good to praise the Lord
    and make music to your name, O Most High,
proclaiming your love in the morning
    and your faithfulness at night,
to the music of the ten-stringed lyre
    and the melody of the harp.

For you make me glad by your deeds, Lord;
    I sing for joy at what your hands have done.
How great are your works, Lord,
    how profound your thoughts!
Senseless people do not know,
    fools do not understand,
that though the wicked spring up like grass
    and all evildoers flourish,
    they will be destroyed forever.

But you, Lord, are forever exalted.

For surely your enemies, Lord,
    surely your enemies will perish;
    all evildoers will be scattered.
10 You have exalted my horn[b] like that of a wild ox;
    fine oils have been poured on me.
11 My eyes have seen the defeat of my adversaries;
    my ears have heard the rout of my wicked foes.

12 The righteous will flourish like a palm tree,
    they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon;
13 planted in the house of the Lord,
    they will flourish in the courts of our God.
14 They will still bear fruit in old age,
    they will stay fresh and green,
15 proclaiming, “The Lord is upright;
    he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see