1.24= Dark can bring out what is truly valuabe.

 1.24-

Dark can bring out what is truly valueabe.
Winners are people who overcome the temptation to quit. I know a man who at age 33 died without marrying. He had no children. He never went to college. He was rejected by religious leaders of his faith. He was mocked and insulted as being weak and unable to prove he had a father who was around.
He celebrated life being surrounded by losers and helping them become winners. He encountered the lame and gave them a reason to leap with joy. He encountered the used and abused and rejected women and openly offered them a fresh start.
Tyler Bass is a winner. He is a field goal kicker for the Buffalo Bills. His charity has received new infusions of cash from Buffalo fans who know that he was not able to tie the game at the end but he cares about charity beyond football.
Demar Hamlin is a Buffalo football player who almost died on the field last year. His foundation places defibulators in schools. He is on their kick off team this year.. Yea to life way beyond football.

1 Corinthians 9.

19 For though I am free from all people, I have made myself a slave to all, so that I may gain more. 20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might gain Jews; to those who are under the Law, I became as one under the Law, though not being under the Law myself, so that I might gain those who are under the Law; 21 to those who are without the Law, I became as one without the Law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might gain those who are without the Law. 22 To the weak I became weak, that I might gain the weak; I have become all things to all people, so that I may by all means save some. 23 I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it.

24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. 25 Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. So they do it to obtain a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 26 Therefore I run in such a way as not to run aimlessly; I box in such a way, as [i]to avoid hitting air; 27 but I strictly discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.

May be an image of ring
All reactions:
Amy Wishard Goggins, Clint Norwood and 18 others

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see