What kind of person exists inside of you?



Day of Year: 62

Date:  3.3.14

Favorite Verse: Matthew 16.18
18 And I tell you that you are Peter,[b] and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[c] will not overcome it.

Thought for the day: 
Jesus looked into the eyes of Peter and saw the man he was to become.   Anne Lamott tells of being lost as a five year old child at a national rodeo in San Francisco.
   "I was found by some friendly strangers--this was before all strangers were assumed to be homicidal pedophiles--and turned over to the care of a Grand National Rodeo girl. She stayed with me while an announcement went up over the PA system, that a five-year-old child would love for her daddy to come to livestock Pavilion. But I swear on my soul, I remember two things. I was not afraid. I did not know yet that if you were lost, you should be afraid. And I believed with every ounce of my being that when I grew up, I could be a Grand National Rodeo Girl.
I could be beautiful, with flowing blonde hair. I would wave and smile, astride my horse, and help lost children not to be afraid
I would lose this belief over the next few years, what with the funny hair and scrawny body. But I got it back Monday, that this IS what I am doing with my life, on this cold scary crowded planet. That this is who still lives inside me, and maybe inside you, too. "(Facebook Post, 2.1.14)

Jesus Reading (Ten Minutes): Matthew 16.13-20

+ Rest of New Testament:  Acts 27.9-13

+Psalm of the Day: Psalm 45

+Proverb of the Day: Proverbs 10.25

+Rest of Old Testament: Numbers 11,12

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see