Who are you listening to?


Day of Year: 66

Date: 3.7.14

Favorite Verse: Matthew 17.5
While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”

Thought for the day:
Do we listen to the television and movie voices more than Jesus?  Do we listen to popular culture more than Jesus?  Do we listen to what is politically correct more than Jesus?  If we do, we probably will be confused and schizophrenic.  Some reading this will say to themselves, "Thank God I read the Bible more than watch television or movies."  This might be better, but it also can be off course.  How can I read the Bible and be off course?  If you follow Moses more than the maker of Moses, you will still be off course.  If you are deep into your religious opinions, you mind might be harder to change than a pagan's mind would be to change.  I still struggle with listening to Jesus rather than other voices.  I want to listen to myself more than Jesus and this truly gets me off course.  Might I suggest that you put Jesus' life before the life of Moses as far as your example in life.

Jesus Reading (Ten Minutes): Matthew 17.14-23

+ Rest of New Testament:  Acts 28.1-10

+Psalm of the Day: Psalm 48

+Proverb of the Day: Proverbs 10.31-32

+Rest of Old Testament: Numbers 17,18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see