Wicked, Selfish Prayers


Day of Year: 61

Date: 3.2.14

Favorite Verse: Matthew 16.4 
A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah.” Jesus then left them and went away.

Thought for the day:
What kind of signs and wonders are you looking for?  Do you want miracles mostly for you and yours?  Can we pray a prayer of blessing for our enemies?  These are hard questions for me.  The fact is that I want God to show up and give me a sign of His blessings for my own desires. Some of my desires are wicked.  That desire for my enemy not to be blessed is from my flesh and not from my Lord Jesus.  If you look around and think you are in a wicked generation, remember you are not the first.  Jesus lived in a wicked and adulterous generation.  He loved His neighbors and helped them even though they were sinful people.  The people Jesus saves and takes to heaven are people who are very imperfect. Otherwise heaven would be empty. 
Lord, help me to pray prayers that are more aligned with Your heart instead of my own flesh. Amen.

Jesus Reading (Ten Minutes): Matthew 16.1-12

+ Rest of New Testament:  Acts 27.1-8

+Psalm of the Day: Psalm 44.17-25

+Proverb of the Day: Proverbs 10.23,24

+Rest of Old Testament: Numbers 10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see