Trash, Temporary and Forever Joyful Hope and Love

Trash and Treasure Forever.
Those people who help us move from more bad habits to fewer bad habits are a blessing. God accepts us all as we are , but thankfully He doesn't leave us as we are. I am not where I need to be by a long shot, but thank God I'm not where I was. 

A friend called me on Wednesday of last week whom I first met over 30 years ago. He was addicted to alcohol and needed help. We became friends and he helped me and I helped him. He called to celebrate 26 years of sobriety. On of our meetings was about "the Atheist prayer". He has been helped by AA and other friendships.

 I suspect. All of us are helped by people who accept folks who feel "things" are necessary when they may not be. I think "coffee" is necessary. Some people think it smells good but tastes bad. All the people who are  helping me love must be patient.  They are praying for me more and talking to me less. They speak with grace and truth to improve my life day by day to be better and more healthy. I love these kind of people. They remind me of my father in heaven.

Recovery of a joyful healthy life after the election of the wrong person (or right person).

1. Get back to focus on caring for relationships with spouse, children, grandchildren and all family members.
2. Stay close to spiritual, mentally healthy people.
3. Live fully each day for life is only a vapor.
4. Honor and trust God who is love.
5. Pray intensely in worship to God who gives guidance and definition to "good" and "evil".
6. Expect good things to happen as you live in God's will.
7. Always remember that God's kingdom is not located in one nation or one type of nation but is worldwide.
Pray Psalm 90
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.
You are our dwelling place even beyond our dwelling place in this nation.
You are from everlasting to everlasting.
Our lives here in America or any nation is temporary.
We remember that our choices have consequences so guide us in a good direction.
Help us to overcome and gain deliverance from the idolatry we drift into and return to You and Your Son Jesus.
You have promised us that you will never leave us regardless of what suffering and pain may come to us.
You have set our iniquities before us so that we see our own sins. We repent and ask forgiveness.
Help us to seek a heart of wisdom in the days ahead so that we, our family and our nation my be exalted spiritually.
Have compassion on us O God.
Satisfy us with Your unfailing love.
Make us glad for all the days we have been in misery during this election.
Help us to remember your good deeds to our family and to our nation.
Help us to point our children to your splendor and glory.
Favor us with resting in You O God.
Help us to return to one Nation Under God.
Psalm 90

Jesus teaches us
Matthew 5
13 “You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has become tasteless, how [e]can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled under foot by men.
14 “You are the light of the world. A city set on a [f]hill cannot be hidden; 15 nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a [g]basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.
17 “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not [h]the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches [i]others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever [j]keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 “For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Larry Wishard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see