10.10-New Novel About the Battered Wife of a Superstar Athlete

10.10-



FFF.

Faith. Family. Friends.

Barbara Bush said that this was the most important three words describing her life in an interview she gave a few years ago.

That is the case for me as well. 

My faith has taught me to pray by asking and keep on asking.  To seek and keep on seeking.  To knock and keep on knocking. 

Today I am doing this among my family and friends.

I am aware that many of you who read this are family and friends.  In fact, most of the people who read my words are such.  I am not a writer.  I am an encourager, teacher who is a “wanna be” writer.  My drive to think with my family and friends pushes me to keep on thinking and writing with them, but I don’t think my gift is writing.

My son Jeff is an excellent writer and today his second book launches.  His first novel, Redemption Avenue, was about a hypocritical, minister who became a partner with drug dealers to launder their money through his mega church contributions.  This theme didn’t sit so well with me because some thought he had gotten some ideas from his dad.  This second book is better in several ways, it is more exciting and entertaining as most good novels are, but it is also educational in a way.  Domestic, is a novel about domestic violence.  Here is his description from the book jacket.

In a world where domestic violence victims live in fear, four women have turned the capital city of Texas into an abuser's worst nightmare.

Around Austin, people simply call it "The Shelter." A private eye, an attorney, a hacker and a realtor join forces to rescue victims, hide them, and then destroy the lives of their abusers. Their reputation as ruthless vigilantes has abusers thinking twice about consequences far beyond a court of law.

When the battered wife of baseball's biggest superstar runs to the women for help, they face their most dangerous opponent yet, a sadistic sports agent determined to protect his client for a half-billion-dollar payday.

So with the launch today I am hoping you who read novels and recommend them will go to Amazon.com and type in “Domestic", "Jeff Wishard” click the "look inside" tab read a bit and if you like it you will purchase it and recommend it to your friends.

Thank you to all my family and friends who have been blessing our family for many years.

Larry Wishard
10.10.17

Luke 11.

Then Jesus said to them, “Suppose you have a friend, and you go to him at midnight and say, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves of bread; a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have no food to offer him.’ And suppose the one inside answers, ‘Don’t bother me. The door is already locked, and my children and I are in bed. I can’t get up and give you anything.’ I tell you, even though he will not get up and give you the bread because of friendship, yet because of your shameless audacity[e] he will surely get up and give you as much as you need.
“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see