10.9- Jesus and the homes He provides for us.

10.9-

Jesus did not promise that if you followed him you would have a lovely house.

There are television preachers I have heard and watched in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep.  One said that if you send him $100, then God would make sure you got a $1,000 in return.  With this approach God is teaching His children how to be a "getter".  God is teaching His children how to be a "giver".

Jesus told the followers that what happened to Him and was done to Him could also happen to His followers.

A couple of the greatest disciples of Jesus I have known in the last fifty years don't even own a home and never have.

Matthew 8.
18 When Jesus saw the crowd around him, he gave orders to cross to the other side of the lake. 19 Then a teacher of the law came to him and said, “Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go.”
20 Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.”

What Jesus does promise is that if you follow Him and you finish your work for Him that He will come and take you to the perfect home in heaven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see