10.12-When I am burdened, Help me to remember

10.12-
The last 48 hours have been a whirlwind of education.

I was frustrated because my garage door opener broke and I found that the whole door had to be replaced. I admitted this was a first world problem to the repairman who was hearing me complain and looking at me strangely. He told me three bad things happened to him over the weekend.

I was reminded that a family member of a long time friend was struggling with brain cancer. A young woman in her 40's.

I went to a couple of stores where I regularly get my groceries, Sprouts and Walmart. My baker helper lost his beloved grandad, but can't go to the funeral because his car blew up. My checker pointed out a woman putting up price signs was working the last day before her open heart surgery. My checker at the second store, in her 70's, took a two week vacation to travel with her sister. The sister had a stroke. Still in the hospital.

I won't take the time to tell you any more because I know you get it. I see the news and a woman who was not killed in the Las Vegas shooting went home to Santa Rosa, CA and her home was burned.

Here is the reality I must admit. I am blessed. I have my wife, children and grandchildren with me alive and healthy as far as I know. I have family and friends to remind me that when I feel down I can turn to God and to them for encouragement. I have so many blessings that God has given me.

God,
When I am weary and tired and frustrated by little problems, Lord help me to remember that what matters is the blessing of being loved by You and my family and friends. 
 
Matthew 11.
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
 
2 Corinthians 12
12 I must go on boasting. Although there is nothing to be gained, I will go on to visions and revelations from the Lord. I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell. I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses. Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say, or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see