3.26-Some things are never convenient.


3.26-


Some things are never convenient.
Our lives get into a groove and we like where we live and where we work.  We like our current friends and neighbors.  We like that which is convenient.  My doctor, mechanic, plumber and handyman were people I had known and trusted for many of the thirty years I lived in Denver.  I woke up on Sunday morning, 3.24.13 thinking I would be in the house where I had lived for 30 years for another 30 months or more.  On the other hand, Sheila and I had talked about some “precipitating event” would happen to change our lives radically.
Move the calendar forward to 3.24.19 and we have a different doctor, mechanic, plumber and handyman.  We now live in Fort Worth rather than Denver.  It was inconvenient to make the changes yet we have greatly enjoyed our move back to North Texas.  Some of the friendliest people in the world live here in my opinion.
Sometimes the nest must be stirred.  We cling to what we know and refuse to move forward without a push.  As our parents got older there were several “events”.  Car wrecks.  Strokes.  Falls.  Dementia.  Someone we love doesn’t know the year or the name of the president or the town where he lives.  He gets lost and a policeman has to help him find his way home.  These are events that mean some doors are closing and new ones must open.
It will be inconvenient in some ways.  Once there was a leader of a nation who was presented with an opportunity to accept Jesus as his leader.  He said, “No, at a more convenient time I will call you back to reflect on this decision.”  As far as I know it never came a back around to him.  To allow Jesus Christ to be your leader is never totally “convenient”, but God’s ways are always best.
I thank God for His leadership in our move from Denver to Fort Worth.   Help with Real Estate selling and buying happened in just the right time and we found a favorite place just a few minutes from our son, Jeff and his wife, Donna.  We gained new neighbors and friends and we also kept in touch as friends with our neighbors and friends in Denver.
We are still learning to “let go” and “let God”, but hopefully we are still walking by faith and not sight.

Acts 24.
24 Several days later Felix came with his wife Drusilla, who was Jewish. He sent for Paul and listened to him as he spoke about faith in Christ Jesus. 25 As Paul talked about righteousness, self-control and the judgment to come, Felix was afraid and said, “That’s enough for now! You may leave. When I find it convenient, I will send for you.” 26 At the same time he was hoping that Paul would offer him a bribe, so he sent for him frequently and talked with him.

Larry Wishard
3.24.19

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see