3.30-Don't worry about everyone liking you. Forget it if you decide to be follower of Jesus.

3.30-


It is normal for people who are disciples of Jesus to be discounted, mocked and made fun of.  This world did not like Jesus’ teachings and life when He was here and they still don’t.  Those of us who try to follow Him do not live up to His kind of love.  This causes a dissonance.  We need to be humble, knowing that we don’t know enough to be judges of the heart and soul of people.  For this reason and others, He told us not to judge by mere appearances. He told us not to judge others, but to focus in improving our own lives.

If we have an impact in this world, there will be some who are friends, some who are not. There will be some who are clearly against our path of life.  This should be no surprise.  Even good friends can give us bad advice.

Three Thousand Years Ago:
Proverbs 25.
Do not exalt yourself in the king’s presence,
    and do not claim a place among his great men;
it is better for him to say to you, “Come up here,”
    than for him to humiliate you before his nobles.

2000 Years ago.
2 Timothy 4.
Do your best to come to me quickly, 10 for Demas, because he loved this world, has deserted me and has gone to Thessalonica. Crescens has gone to Galatia, and Titus to Dalmatia. 11 Only Luke is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you, because he is helpful to me in my ministry. 12 I sent Tychicus to Ephesus. 13 When you come, bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas, and my scrolls, especially the parchments.
14 Alexander the metalworker did me a great deal of harm. The Lord will repay him for what he has done. 15 You too should be on your guard against him, because he strongly opposed our message.
16 At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them. 17 But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion’s mouth. 18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Larry Wishard
3.25.19

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see