3.29- Have you ever loved someone so much that it hurts?

3.29-


Have you ever loved someone so much that it hurts?
I have heard moms say that about their children when they are sleeping so innocently.

John 17.
20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

If you were loved by your parents and you passed that on to your kids and grandkids, then you are a very blessed person.  You know the feeling of deep love for your beloved.
Jesus was praying that His disciples could know that the Father in heaven loved them even as He had loved Jesus.  Wow!
Can you imagine giving an only child for the life of a wicked, sinful person.  I cannot.
Romans 5.
You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

This is Amazing Grace.  This is the love our Father in heaven has for those whom He has created in His own image.  This is the good news.  He loves forever.  His love is steadfast.  It is His character.  He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

I hope I can receive this and allow myself to be moved by it to a higher standard of love in my life.

Larry Wishard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see