5.3- Joyfully prepared and always ready to share whatever to meet the need.

 5.3-

Joyfully prepared and always ready to share whatever to meet the need.
In 97 or 98 Sheila and I were graced with a fun visit from Bill and Hazanne Luttrell, my brother in law and sister, to our home in Denver. It was always time to plan some special food. Sheila planned to get our the waffle iron and whip up some waffles. Everything out and ready to mix and suddenly a problem. Half the milk we needed was not there. Sheila said, “Larry, would you run to the store and get some milk.” Hazanne quickly said, “No need, we have a gallon of cold milk in our car.”
They had driven up from Abilene and I was surprised she carried these cold supplies. She went to the car and added her milk to our eggs and flour and we had good waffles, syrup, butter, eggs and bacon.
We played 42 and told stories and laughed at life together. We had hard things we had gone through together and more difficult moments would come, but these two knew that the “Joy of the Lord” is our strength. On a later trip Bill showed my grandsons how to ride a bike backwards when he was about 75.
They would combine their resources with us and have quite and adventure. We finished a part of our 50th wedding anniversary trip at their home in Abilene. They have both been slowed down in their travels now and know each day of our lives must be appreciated and remembered. Today when I saw this picture of thought of Bill and Hazanne as always prepared and ready to share whatever to meet the needs around them.

Titus 3.

12 As soon as I send Artemas or Tychicus to you, do your best to come to me at Nicopolis, because I have decided to winter there. 13 Do everything you can to help Zenas the lawyer and Apollos on their way and see that they have everything they need. 14 Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order to provide for urgent needs and not live unproductive lives.

15 Everyone with me sends you greetings. Greet those who love us in the faith.

May be an image of 2 people
All reactions:
Kelley Wishard Thomas, Jeremy Jones and 12 others

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see