1.12- Grief if a tribute to joy. When we grieve we are remembering the joy.

 1.12-

Grief if a tribute to joy.

When we grieve we are remembering the joy.  If you lose someone who has resolve in their life and later you lose someone else who has resolve you grieve both.

I got up this morning after a great week of joy with people that I love.  Then I learned that two other people that I love are in a crisis situation.  I grieved both of them, but I was also grieving the other losses I have experienced.  Some reminded me that the deep grief is a reminder of joy you had with people of great resolve.

I have adopted several men in my life who were men of great resolve. Many of them reminded me of the determination of my own dad.  He had lost his dad at a young age and strength, courage and “stick to it ness” was a part of what I admired about him.

One of the joys of living for 77 years is that you can look back on who your close friends were and why.  It came to me today that I have several friends now in heaven who showed me what “resolve” looked like.  I rejoice today with my many months and years with all of them and the lessons they taught me.  And as I cry tears of joy that they were given to me as close men friends, I weep when I think of them being gone from my life and happy they are in heaven now with Jesus.

2 Corinthians 1.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in [b]any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For just as the sufferings of Christ are [c]ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ. But if we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; or if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which is effective in the patient enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer; and our hope for you is firmly grounded, knowing that as you are partners in our sufferings, so also you are in our comfort.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see