8.25- Work. Hard jobs. They help people.

 8.25-

Work.
Hard jobs.
They help people. They protect people from the elements like rain, wind and hunger. They heal the broken and provide rest for body and soul.
Once we get in mid career we start dreaming of "retirement". Most of our heros didn't do their greatest work in "retirement".
The best view of "retirement" might be that now we can be free to serve our family and friends more effectively. This includes a great focus on good nutrition and exercise for our own self care. I was reminded yesterday that I needed to be careful about a few things that are traps. Lack of excellence, sloth (lazines) (apathy) and poor health discipline.
I am thankful for this stage of life and family and friends who push me to be the best I can be. That is the way to be free of all regrets.

2 Timothy 4.
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith; in the future there is reserved for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see