8.26- Intimacy. Intimacy with your creator.

 8.26-

Intimacy.
Intimacy with your creator.
Great writers have always had the ability to connect with the deepest realities of life. David who wrote out his pain was like that. (Psalm 38,39)
A part of that life is that you can see the valley of the shadow of death before you. Your days fly by and God says His life is that a day is as a thousand years.
Days and life has flown by. Where did those 77 years go?
You go into that Doctor’s office and you suspect after a couple of months of testing and pain that the news is not good.
You have had pain in your guts and pain in your back. You want to be able to dress and go to the grocery store and when you get dressed you are out of strength.
You haven’t eaten in a week and you haven’t had a glass of water in a day.
You have always been delivered through every crisis and come out on the other side feeling closer to God than you did before.
But this is different.
The Dr.normally says, “We will do this or that and we will overcome this or that.”
Not this time.
He says, “It is too far gone and you are too weak for any successful treatment. If I were you I would get aligned with hospice and move forward with their help.”
Then you can see the shadow of the cross is now the cross itself.
You are starting to think that God has over estimated the width of your shoulders.
You say to yourself, "God you are overdoing this love and discipline thing. You say you discipline those you love, but you seem to be loving me too much."
I find myself at one moment saying, “Forgive me and stay close to me.”
The next moment I find myself saying, “Please look away from me.”
This is a part of my human experience in this world. What about you?

Psalm 38.
Do not abandon me, Lord;
My God, do not be far from me!
22 Hurry to help me,
Lord, my salvation!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see