3.26- About this time of day eleven years ago

 3.26-

About this time of day eleven years ago I was sitting with Sheila reflecting upon a
“beautiful disruption” that had come into my life!
I was sitting in my family room in Denver planning the details of coping with a broken knee and surgery and six weeks of living in “cast” while Sheila worked on a “move”.
My nephew, Keith Luttrell preached a sermon this morning I called. Beautiful Disruption.
There is a woman who was my helper on this day at this time 5.51PM, MST, 3.24.13. We were reflecting together on an event that had happened about 1.30pm this day that totally was a “beautiful disruption” .
Sheila was a hard worker around this time of the year for all the 55 years of our marriage. She gathered up the tax papers and the back up papers and organized them into the correct order and got them to our CPA and friend, Ken Jones.
Now she was going to embark on a journey that would take twelve hard months to gather up 30 years of collected pictures and papers that had accumulated in our home. Keep the precious and important tax papers and other precious items and box the rest and sell the house and buy and house and set up a new place and get they proper beds and mattress and televisions and electronics that we both enjoyed for our work and play.
Women do amazing things for their families. Sheila was my lover wife, mother, grandmother, friend, soulmate and drill sargent get off your duff and get moving coach when I needed it.
At tax season and this knee breaking precipitating event time in our “retirement” life her great memory comes back to me.
I think of the power of Christian women. My grandmother on the Wishard side had 22 grandkids.
One of those women has five kids and 11 grandkids, 12 great grandkids. One more on the way.
The impact of Christian women who know how to handle “beautiful disruptions” is amazing.
They stay focused on some basic principles. One of these is “Never be fake” Two is the platium rule. "Treat others, all others, the way God treats you."
These words become at life map when things get dark. When this happened to my grandmother Wishard and Woods and Sheila they just kept on going in the direction of doing what is right. They did what they could to help all they could all the time they could.
God bless all Christian women who know how to handle “beautiful disruptions.”
Larry Wishard

Deuteronomy 6
“Hear, Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one! And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. And you shall repeat them diligently to your sons and speak of them when you sit in your house, when you walk on the road, when you lie down, and when you get up. 
May be an image of 1 person, smiling and text that says 'anger ey foc d in lá eely. T iptop! tere ne hey b grandc and thei the chi tive dru ccessibili y their S isions of'
Like
Comment
Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see