3.30- We were designed to thirst for water.

 3.30-

We were designed to thirst for water. Humans were made to live in families, communities and fellowships. I love it when I meet an old friend whom I haven't seen in a while.
One of my friends is also a neighbor. He and his wife brought some brownies to my home about 18 months ago.
A few months later they invited my daughter, Amy, and I over for dinner and we played some games. There is a thirst to know people and be known. Until we get to know our designer it is hard to really know all the things we desperately need.
We need grace and this grace is often felt and experienced most in freely giving to others without conditions. These good friends did not invite us over with any expectation in return. They were just striving to bless us and they did.
Today I was expecting three friends over for coffee and fellowship and a fourth showed up. The man, my friend a d neighbor who had been away from our coffee fellowship surprised me this morning.
I had originally this man and a group in a McDonalds over ten years ago. He became much more than an fellow customer.
I found out today he has retired and is moving out of state but he is still my friend and he is a gift to my heart. I thirst for friendship and nothing satisfies like good friends.
There is a favorite song I learned as a child. There's not a friend like the lowly Jesus. No not one. He leads us to the very best kind of forever friends.

John 15.
12 “This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, that a person will lay down his life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do what I command you. 15 No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, because all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you. 17 This I command you, that you love one another.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see