9.10- The household. Grandparents. Parents. Grandkids. Nephews. Great nephews. Good food.

 9.10-

The household. Grandparents. Parents. Grandkids. Nephews. Great nephews. Good food.
Thousands of cars parked in Frisco, Allen and Plano at early of 3 or 4 services of 4,000 each. Silicon Valley of North Texas.
Long drive through green rolling North Texas hills with 50 mile Vistas. Horses. Cows and sheep and goats. Driving by small church buildings with 40 members having been a community since 1879.
The Church of my youth and old age, Oak Ridge.. Cousins. Beth Norwood still a working tax expert. Her son, Clint Norwood, teacher who cares for his kids and other kids 24/7. Ruth Ann Milton Jones teaching for nearly 50 years and Beta club sponsor. Jackie Sheldon, Stan Smith, Cindy Smith Kueckelhan, Marty Kueckelhan, Scott Munger, Rhonda Cunningham Shinpaugh.
Members of the Oak Ridge church family welcomed Amy, Jeff, Jared, Sharon and I.
Victor Ellison delivered a great lesson on God being with us in our low times of life. We were there to celebrate the resurrection hope prior to our cemetery visit in honor of the second anniversary of Sheila's passing two years ago. All these church members still working to serve the community in any way they can.
We celebrated our 57th anniversary. Later in the day we had Whataburger, watched football and played 42. The perfect way to spend Labor Day weekend. We are so blessed and cooler temperatures. Wow!
Amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. Family is often the path to deep faith for so many of us.

2 Timothy 1

Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus [a]by the will of God, according to the promise of life in Christ Jesus,

To Timothy, my beloved [b]son: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

I thank God, whom I serve with a clear conscience [c]the way my forefathers did, as I constantly remember you in my [d]prayers night and day, longing to see you, even as I recall your tears, so that I may be filled with joy. [e]For I am mindful of the sincere faith within you, which first dwelled in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am sure that it is in you as well. For this reason I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God has not given us a spirit of [f]timidity, but of power and love and [g]discipline.

All reactions:
Tom Wishard, Carol Wishard and 18 others

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6.12- The teacher and his group.

6.10- The Power of Keeping a Confidence

4.2- The right kind of freedom versus the wrong kind of freedom.