Destroy Loyalty to Vows, Destroy Community




We just finished the Christmas season.  Are we willing to keep standing with Jesus on the hard truth He teaches. Baby Jesus grew up to be a tough-love teacher.  I have a friend whose wife is in her seventies and rehabbing following hip surgery.  He is an oil man who must travel for his work.  He is committed to work and making a living, but also for caring for his wife.  He took her and the family dog on his last business trip.  They checked into a Marriott and he contacted a local nurse to help her while he was at work.  I spoke to him last night and he said, “I seem to remember some vows I made about sickness and health.”


I will fulfill my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people.

Never be ashamed of God and His word.  Only He is all wise and all powerful.  We are not.  He is the fixer of people. We are not.  In the hardest of times when we stay with our work, we develop strength of character. God is interested in all nations.  Blind, lame, lepers, deaf, wretched, old, young.  God loves us and has a plan to help us get better.  You don’t have to be sophisticated and highly educated to understand God’s basic commands.  Love God with all your heart.  Love people the way you want to be loved.  Simple, but when it comes to application, not easy.  Things can get very hard in our family life, but wives need husbands and husbands need wives and children need a mommy and a daddy.  This is simple, but it is not easy.  He is the ultimate judge and we are not.  We all must throw ourselves on the mercy of God.

When things get hard, we have our Father in heaven and Jesus to help us. As one of my preacher friends says, “Let God be God.”

Matthew 11.

28-30 “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” The Message

Larry Wishard

 

Intensive Daily Bible Reading

If you have ten minutes, read Jesus from the Gospels.

(Read prayerfully seeking guidance from Jesus for your personal situation.)

If you have thirty minutes, read Jesus and the New Testament selection.

If you have forty minutes, read Jesus, the New Testament and a Psalm selection.

If you have an hour, read all the readings.

Think of this time as an intimate conversation with your Father in Heaven.

Listen for something of His love from His heart to yours today.

 

Date:1/11/13

 

Read a chapter of Jesus : Matthew 11

Read a chapter from Acts:11

Read a chapter from this New Testament Book:Romans 12

Read a paragraph from a Holy Spirit inspired older teacher to a younger teacher:1 Timothy 5.1-16

Read a verse about the beauty of the Word of God:Psalm 119.11

Read a couple of chapters from the Old Testament:Genesis 21,22

Read a chapter from Wisdom Literature:Job 11

Read a Psalm:10

Read a few verses from Proverbs:11.1-4



 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see