Best Book I Have Read In Quite a While


I hope all who read this will get the book:

 

Reflections on My Life, In The Kingdom And the Academy by Thomas H. Olbricht

 

Thomas H. Olbricht has been a key influence in my Christian walk for the last 33 years. When I was struggling to refocus,rekindle, recommit and recycle myself after some failures in my ministry, he was there. He guided me to complete my Master’s Degree at ACU. He was more than my professor, but my friend. He visited my home in Denver and we shared a wonderful trip together to his grandfather’s farm land in Nebraska. I thought it was great to spend time with him many years at Pepperdine Lectures. He has often given guidance during my ministry that has made a giant difference.

When I found out that he was had written a biography I could hardly wait to get my copy. I knew it would be good because that’s Tom's way. I wrote him a note asking for a signed copy. When it arrived I started it immediately. It is real and down to earth while dealing with some lofty topics. It is detailed in times, events and people. He never pulls a punch about his life and his perceptions about things. (Truly refreshing.) It was a fascinating survey of the history of churches of Christ along with his own history and his family.

Toward the end it became even more compelling so that I could hardly put it down. At the very end it became one of the most powerful witnesses to the power of Jesus Christ that I have ever read. I broke down and cried and thanked God for His Son Jesus and His power to do more than we can imagine.

 

Yes, I’m prejudiced because he’s my friend, but if you love a good books regarding ministry in churches of Christ, you will love this book.  The book may be ordered from Amazon.com; Barnes and Noble; and Wipf and Stock and elsewhere.  Tom has some for sale at $22 from him personally which includes mailing.


Larry Wishard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see