9.11 Memories

I remember we were praying for our church and our community and our world and I came out of the prayer meeting for a meeting with a good friend, Robert Lee, minister in Aurora CO. 

I was going to call and set up the details of our meeting and he answered his phone with these words:

"I knew something like this was bound to happen."

"What?""

"A plane has flown into the World Trade Towers.  You need to go home."

I did.  I watched and I prayed and thought.

By 1 pm I had decided to go to the church building and open it for our community to come by and pray.  We put a sign our for people to come in and pray if they wanted to and many did.

In the evening we called our congregation to come together and we had about 100 men and women to sit and pray a "chain prayer" of whatever was on their hearts.

We went home shocked, but bonded to our community.  We knew that America would never be the same and it was not.

Found these 9.11 Prayers

James Martin
A Christian Prayer Be Close to Me Loving God, You know that I believe in you. You know that I trust in you. You know that I love you. But sometimes life is so painful, your ways impossible to understand, and your world so confusing. Sometimes I am overwhelmed with pain. Sometimes I feel tempted to despair. Sometimes I give way to hatred. Sometimes I doubt even you. In times of pain, give me comfort. In times of despair, give me hope. In times of hatred, give me love. In times of doubt, give me trust. And even when I feel far from you, be close to me, Loving God.

Richard Rohr
A Christian Prayer "It is not those who say, 'Lord, Lord!' who will enter the reign of God, but those who do God's will." (Matthew 7:21) God of all races, nations, and religions, You know that we cannot change others, Nor can we change the past. But we can change ourselves. We can join You in changing our only And common future where you 'reign' The same over all. Help us not to say, "Lord, Lord" to any tribal gods, But to hear the One God of all the earth, And to do God's good thing for this One World.

Larry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see