3.4-What is the key to parents learning to love their in laws?

3.4-



3.3.1967.
On this day in 1967 my wife of 51 years first met my wife.  This was a meeting I was a bit concerned about because Sheila was city and we were farm.  My parents had made their living in the farming business and the grocery store in a small town.  Her parents had lived in the Houston/Beaumont area and her dad worked in a refinery.  She and her family were the “plan everything carefully before you do it”.  My family was more “make it up as you go”.

The meeting went quite well.  The reason in my mind was because we had one common value.  Family love overcomes all challenges.  I loved my parents and I loved Sheila.  They did have that commitment to love and grew in that love over the years.  Her folks also loved me dearly and we because close and beloved friends over the years.  The common value on love we had was based on the love of Jesus for all of us.

1 John 3.
16 We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 17 But whoever has the world’s goods, and sees his brother in need and closes his [g]heart [h]against him, how does the love of God abide in him? 18 Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see