8.5-Seek the giver not the gift.

8.5-


Lately I have had more than one person around me saying that they are holding on too tight.

They are so focused on their accomplishing something that they are actually shooting themselves in the foot.

They are obsessing so much that their goals become their delight.

It is good to delight in your wife or the God who gave her to you.

To delight in a specific goal is to turn it into an idol and cause tension and defeat.

The writer of Psalm 37 knew this.
He lived in the context of evildoers and wrongdoers.  He did not focus on them, he focused on His God.
He trusted in the Lord and doing good.
He cultivated faithfulness.
But especially he delighted in the Lord.

Isaiah 40.
Yet those who [aa]wait for the Lord
Will gain new strength;
They will [ab]mount up with [ac]wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.


Matthew 11.28-30
28 “Come to Me, all [z]who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is [aa]easy and My burden is light.”

1 Peter cast your care.
5.
Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.


“After identifying our needs, there is a next step in getting our wants and needs met.  This step is one of the spiritual ironies of recovery.  The next step is letting go of our wants and needs after we have taken painstaking steps to identify them.”

The Language of Letting Go, Melody Beattie, P. 215

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see