4.27-Do the most important things and continue to do the important things.


4.27-

Fourteen years ago today I had the experience of the 10th break of my ankle. I was on a weekend retreat with some guys from my church family just above Golden, CO. Gorgeous place in God’s nature. We had taken a walking devotional up a mountain trail stopping at times to read scripture of Jesus walk with the cross on His back. Along the way there was some spots of ice. I thought I “turned” or “sprained” my ankle. Walked on it home and walked on it to a youth trip to Ukraine and finally in early fall ended up at the doctor’s office. 

After Xrays he said, "This has been broken about nine other times and this 10th break and the arthritis has set up in these spots and there is no good surgery for this right now. I can give you a brace and boot and a handicap parking sticker and that is what we can do for you right now."
It changed me to move from a most important part of my life, very active movements and teaching while active "doing" to an important, but different way of teaching. Mostly sitting and often through writing.

It seems to me that life has major notes and minor notes. It has matters that are most important and things that are not as important, but still important.

Unity is most important, but in order to get to unity there must be some moments of division.
Justice, mercy and faithfulness are most important, but financial support of these things are also important.

Practice and daily living out the life of Jesus is most important, but teaching the words of Jesus is also important.

On this day I thank God, 4.23.19, for these 14 years of work and play I have enjoyed since this moment of change.

Larry Wishard
4.23.19


Matthew 23.
23 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. 24 You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see