2.9-About what we worship.

2.9


About what we worship.
It seems to me that we worship what we center our lives around.
Jesus says you cannot worship God and money.
Satan tempted Jesus with worshiping him and he would give Jesus all the things of the world.
If you follow Jesus you can worship only God.
Not spouse.  Not children.  Not grandchildren. Not your favorite hobby.  Not your house.
Only God.

Deuteronomy 6.
13 You shall [e]fear only the Lord your God; and you shall [f]worship Him and swear by His name. 14 You shall not follow other gods, any of the gods of the peoples who surround you, 15 for the Lord your God in the midst of you is a jealous God; otherwise the anger of the Lord your God will be kindled against you, and He will [g]wipe you off the face of the earth.

Matthew 4.
Again, the devil *took Him to a very high mountain and *showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory; and he said to Him, “All these things I will give You, if You fall down and [c]worship me.” 10 Then Jesus *said to him, “Go, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and [d]serve Him only.’” 11 Then the devil *left Him; and behold, angels came and began to minister to Him.

Matthew 6.
33 But [s]seek first [t]His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be [u]added to you.
Luke 4.
And he led Him up and showed Him all the kingdoms of [b]the world in a moment of time. And the devil said to Him, “I will give You all this domain and [c]its glory; for it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. Therefore if You [d]worship before me, it shall all be Yours.” Jesus answered him, “It is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God and serve Him only.’”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see