First Moving day, 10.1.77. From the DFW area to Denver.

7.10-

First Moving day, 10.1.77. From the DFW area to Denver.
and
Second Moving day, 7.10.13.

I had a mind, heart and soul move that happened at the same time as this first external move.

The reasons for the change were several. I had gone through about 20 years of formal education. Now I was launched out to be a life-long learner led by the situations of need that were presented to me.

Another part of the change was for the first time a move away from all of my family support systems.

Then there was the culture change from Texas to Colorado.

Finally, I was so broken in my heart and spirit that the normal encouragement that I had received from my family and good Christian friends was not enough to move me out of times of feeling what I had learned to call being “blue”. It was not anything close to “depression” but it was a flat feeling, a dull, joyless attitude about life. This after six years of formal Christian education. Wow! Some of it had been good, but some had been confusing to me about who God is.

What brought me out of it was:
(1) a daily meditation on the life of Jesus and His daily life when He was walking on the planet.
(2) meditation was upon the Psalms
(3) Journaling what I was feeling as I reading and reflected on these passages

These three daily practices gave me a totally different attitude about who God is.

I came to see the heart of God as most clearly seen at the cross. At the cross some betrayed Jesus, some denied Jesus, some called for a murderer to be released and Jesus to be crucified and a couple of thieves who were not very religious were dying with Him.

He looked around at all of this including those who gambled for His only possession. He was declared without fault but with nails in His feet and hands and a spear in His side.

On the cross He said some things that summarized what I came to see as the very heart of who God is.
“Father why have you forsaken me.” (Loneliness is real.)
‘Father forgive them for they don’t know what they are doing.” (Amazing grace is available.)
To the one thief who expressed faith in Jesus He said, “Today, you will be with me in paradise.”(Life forever is up to Jesus, not our judgments of people.)
“It is finished.” (Grace, mercy and peace is now available to all who wish to receive it)

With these words in this context I came to see God differently. He came to this earth in the form of Jesus Christ and absorbed our sins into Himself and forgave us. Then, now and forever God’s love and forgiveness is there for all of us who will receive it. If you are reading this you still are being invited into this amazing grace along with me this morning.

My life was never the same.

Second Moving day, 7.10.13.

Seven years ago today I was blessed with a new work of concentrating on praying, thinking and writing (Social media, FB, Twitter, Instagram, Daily Devotioanl Blog) rather than other forms of teaching which I had enjoyed for the previous fifty years.

All of it has been a blessing and a joy because God has given me such good friends.

Larry Wishard
7.10.20

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see