8.12- On a Sunday, 7.25.65, my brother, Reed and His wife, Gene, drove to Abilene, Texas

8.12-

On a Sunday, 7.25.65, my brother, Reed and His wife, Gene, drove to Abilene, Texas, to visit our Sister, Hazanne, and her growing family and to allow me to visit a bit and check out the possibility of changing colleges from East Texas State College to Abilene Christian College.

After a week of visiting my sister, Hazanne, and her husband Bill and their growing family, I decided to accept their gracious offer to come and live with them and attend Abilene Christian College. So today, 55 years ago, became a transformational day in my life.

Several months later I would meet my wife Sheila, from Port Neches, Texas, but her parents were from Direct, Texas, north of Paris Texas. In just a few days I met Bill Agnew, owner of Superette, and I would work for him and become a forever friend of his. I was honored to be named as an honorary pall bearer at His funeral. He is still very beloved to me this very day.

Sheila and I owe a debt of gratitude to Bill and Hazanne Luttrell and their family for allowing this amazing opportunity in my life. Their whole family has always been supportive to us, but the older children have been especially close to us because of the two years I lived with them. Lynn was 9, Mike was about 7, Suzanne about 3 and Keith was a baby. Their small three bedroom house with one and ¾ baths became a bit more crowded, but what fun we had. This picture is from their back yard and Bill cooked hamburgers and chicken while we tossed the baseball or football around.

Each day is a chance for all of us to make good history and good memories by doing what we can to help some member of our family or friendship circle. Many thanks to the Luttrell family on this day.

Larry Wishard
7.25.20


Hebrews 11.

By faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed [i]by going out to a place which he was to receive for an inheritance; and he went out, not knowing where he was going. By faith he lived as an alien in the land of promise, as in a foreign land, dwelling in tents with Isaac and Jacob, fellow heirs of the same promise; 10 for he was looking for the city which has foundations, whose architect and builder is God.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see