10.12- Fair weather fans

10.12-

 

Fair weather fans. These are with you during your good days, but in the hard times they leave you. Many, maybe most professional sports teams have mostly these kind of fans. Some people who claim to be believe in God are this way also. If things are good then there most be a God blessing me. If things are extremely bad they might cry out to God for help. But generally there is as temptation for all of us to be fair weather fans of God. I like the commitment of Habbakkuk the prophet 2500 years ago.
Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.
The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to tread on the heights.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see