10.23- Who do you choose as your leaders?

 10.23-

 

Who do you choose as your leaders? I suspect for some of you it is God. In addition to that answer who do you choose as your leaders?
How do you choose them?
Now that I have had my 74th birthday, I am reflecting on who are my leaders and why did I choose them. The answer for me came down to the ability that they have to escape the traps of this world and develop a life worth imitating. Their kids and grandkids and even co-workers want to have a similar life because they have seen close up how good and how joyful and how unusual their life is. If you look closely at certain people, those who were reared in their homes, 24/7/365, have closely observed them for their successes and failures on a day to day basis. Those trained by them, informally and formally, are able to live in the real world and make a positive difference in the lives of others. Over two thousand years ago a man wrote these amazing words:
"Remember your leaders for it was they who brought you the word of God;
and consider the result of their conduct the outcome of their godly lives,
and imitate their faith [their conviction that God exists and is the Creator and Ruler of all things,
the Provider of eternal salvation through Christ,
and imitate their reliance on God
with absolute trust
and confidence in His power,
wisdom,
and goodness."
Larry Wishard
10.21.20

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see