1.6.22- On this day, 1.6.22, I remember where was a year ago today.

 1.6.22-

On this day, 1.6.22, I remember where was a year ago today.
Let me make this clear. I am not a Democrat. I am not a Republican. I am a Christian.
I am supposed to be a salt and light to my family, community, nation and the world wherever I may be.
I grew up in a family and community that was generally democratic at the time and gave great honor to the house speaker, Sam Rayburn. He was from Fannin County and was widely known and respected in our county. I know he build bridges to people in the other party.
As I watched my television news on 1.6.21 I was shocked to see what was happening. After a hard fought election results being certified by the congress and the Vice President of our nation there was an attack to break into the building and stop the “Peaceful transfer of power” that I had boasted that we had spoken of in our country for all of my 74 years. All of a sudden there was a rush of the house and a person was shot and killed who was trying to break in. The members of congress put on gas masks and hid in various places. The Vice President had to rushed out of danger. There was a hanging noose marked for Vice President Pence.
When the attack was finally quelled the congress came together and certified the election and the Vice President certified the election. Many courts have stood up in the last year and declared the election as being legitimate.
I am sorry for the loss of life one year ago.
I am sorry for the trauma of all the men and women involved in that debacle.
I am going to pray for our country today. That the United States of America can remain “United”.
I am working hard to teach the principles of Christian love and kindness that is to be extended to all people regardless of their beliefs and their party.
Christians are taught to love our enemies. Pray for them. Bless them. This is the way of Jesus Christ, my leader.
Today I have many Christian friends that I interact with on a regular basis and the political views that we have do not separate us from each other in love and fellowship for each other in our Christian family. There is no division that should separate anyone who is a member of the “one flock” of Jesus Christ.
Please pray for the unity and love in our country as we go through this day of remembrance.
Larry Wishard
1.6.22

Matthew 5.
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may [ap]be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 Therefore [aq]you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see