4.11- We have times of testing in the wilderness and storms.

 4.11-

Daily Devotional 16257

As I was reading Jesus' life today in Matthew 4 along with some other scriptures I got some messages from God's word to me that came through my church family and my physical family as well.

I taught you through some healthy Christians and Churches these things without any written Scriptures necessary for you to have with you personally.

We have times of testing in the wilderness and storms.

We are led there by the Holy Spirit to be tempted by the devil.

Deuteronomy 30.

“Moreover, the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the hearts of your [f]descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul, so that you may live.

1 Timothy 1.

18 This command I entrust to you, Timothy, my [k]son, in accordance with the prophecies previously made concerning you, that by them you fight the good fight, 19 keeping faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and suffered shipwreck in regard to [l]their faith. 20 [m]Among these are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan, so that they will be taught not to blaspheme.

 

We can and should fast as one way to prepare to respond to these temptations.

We can quote Scripture as a response to help us.

Deuteronomy 29.

29 “The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever, so that we may [j]follow all the words of this Law.

Deuteronomy 30.

19 I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have placed before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your [y]descendants, 20 by loving the Lord your God, by obeying His voice, and by holding close to Him; for [z]this is your life and the length of your days, [aa]so that you may live in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.”

Proverbs 4.
10 
Listen, my son, and accept my sayings,
And the years of your life will be many.
11 I have instructed you in the way of wisdom;
I have led you in upright paths.
12 When you walk, your steps will not be hampered;
And if you run, you will not stumble.

 

We may here the accuser say something like this “If you are….. then…”

Are we using our blessings selfishly?  We as friends of Jesus on a good day will say, “No.”

Life is not all about food.  We need to be careful to make our life centered in God and our body as His temple rather than centering our life in food and drink.

We should not do foolish things that we know won’t work.   We learn to walk and do many other things by trial and error.  Errors that don’t work and we fall down do not need to be repeated unless we want to fall down.  Don’t do foolish things and expect God to rescue you.

Friends of Jesus have heard Him teach us to not trade away our soul for something as passing as money.

Deuteronomy 30.

15 “See, I have placed before you today life and [v]happiness, and death and [w]adversity, 16 in that I am commanding you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in His ways and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His judgments, so that you may live and become numerous, and that the Lord your God may bless you in the land where you are entering to take possession of it. 17 But if your heart turns away and you will not obey, but allow yourself to be led astray and you worship other gods and serve them, 18 I declare to you today that you will certainly perish. You will not prolong your days in the land where you are crossing the Jordan to enter [x]and take possession of it. 19 I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have placed before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your [y]descendants, 20 by loving the Lord your God, by obeying His voice, and by holding close to Him; for [z]this is your life and the length of your days, [aa]so that you may live in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.”

After we have been tempted and tested and resisted the devil he leaves us for a while.  For a while.

Silence is golden when we are alone with God and the evil one has been resisted and run out of our lives for a while.


4.5.22


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see