8.3- We have partners in our life. Golden rule partners.

 8.3-

We have partners in our life. Golden rule partners. Our retirement advisor has been with us for twenty five years. Our primary food source grocer has served us for at least forty years. Our pharmacy druggist has watched over us for nine years. Our doctor retired after five years and the next one is a great lady with two children who serves us on her day off.
Yesterday one of our business partners called to say that I accidently left my credit card over there. We might want to come get it.
These partners are honest and fair. They use the golden rule that Jesus gave. They treat people the way they want to be treated. For 2022 years this principle has guided great partnerships.
One of our partners replies to my thanks for his help. "It's my pleasure.". What a country. My parents were farmers, ranchers and meat market workers. They taught me by example. You will never regret treating people right.
I'm thankful my kids and grandkids have jobs in a free country where they can work and enjoy serving people.

Matthew 20.

20 “For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard. He agreed to pay them a denarius[a] for the day and sent them into his vineyard.

“About nine in the morning he went out and saw others standing in the marketplace doing nothing. He told them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard, and I will pay you whatever is right.’ So they went.

“He went out again about noon and about three in the afternoon and did the same thing. About five in the afternoon he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, ‘Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?’

“‘Because no one has hired us,’ they answered.

“He said to them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard.’

“When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, ‘Call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last ones hired and going on to the first.’

“The workers who were hired about five in the afternoon came and each received a denarius. 10 So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. 11 When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. 12 ‘These who were hired last worked only one hour,’ they said, ‘and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.’

13 “But he answered one of them, ‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? 14 Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. 15 Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’

16 “So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see