12.27- Pop the lock from anxiety into joy.

 12.27-


Pop the lock from anxiety into joy.
I know that I am in control of nothing except my own heart. Today I choose to believe in hope. My home will be a dwelling where abundant life is a goal every day. I will open my eyes to the beauty of each month. Today is the shortest day of the year here in the DFW area. 10 hours and 11 minutes of sunlight. I can choose to make it 24 hours of extending the grace, mercy and peace of God to myself and others around me.
I can be full of laughter or anxiety about what happened to me yesterday. I lost things and I found things.
Yesterday, I lost some important financial papers that I had seen in one of my desks in the last few weeks. I had a need of these specific papers. I called my son Jeff, who has helped me to organize some things in the last few months. No, he hadn’t seen exactly those specific papers.
I could have gotten troubled in my heart, but I was working with people who could be patient with me until I found those papers.
Suddenly I remembered where I had another way to accomplish the thing I needed the papers for.
I was blessed by having some cleaning people in my home yesterday and they did their normal cleaning work and did some extra carpet cleaning for me. What a joy that they thought they had failed because they could not make the carpets look “perfect”. When I looked I told them that it was “perfect” to me. Not be worried or troubled.
I think they left my house in a good mood and so it was win/win. I have friends who remind me when I am troubled in my heart about something, “Will this matter in a 100 tears?” Now I am not taking lightly the challenging health situations people are going through, but I am reminding myself to not allow my heart to be troubled about something that I can’t completely control.
My opponent in keeping my peace of mind is the evil one who wants to accuse me of foolishness and other things that make me feel down and out instead of feeling like a blessed and favored child of God. I must remember to keep my eyes on the prize of refusing to let anyone or anything steal my joy.
As I headed to bed I went to my bedroom which has a bathroom next to it and the door was closed. I had not been in this area since the cleaners left. “That’s odd I thought.” I turned the bathroom door handle. It was locked from the inside and then closed.
I felt over the door jam. Nothing. I sensed that the answer would be related to my smart phone. I shined the light from my phone into the little hole. I read the “hack” on my smart phone. It said to get to get a small, strong metal object and it may be twisted and pop open. I found an Ice pick.
No, it didn’t work.
Then I went to my “middle desk drawer” or what we sometimes call our “snake drawer”. In it I was rummaging through the drawer and guess what I found. The important papers I had been looking for earlier. Joy and laughter popped into my heart.
I also found two small knives with very small metal ends for small openings. I took them to the door and tried both. They didn’t work.
Then I tried the ice pic for one last time. I made a new and different move with the ice pic and the lock popped open.
The door to an untroubled heart is in my own choice. I can be troubled, anxious or get a spiritual mindfulness and keep my joy at at deeper level. About 2022 years about my teacher said, “Let not your heart be troubled. You believe in God believe in me. In my Father’s house there are many rooms. I go to prepare a place for you I will return and take you to be with me where I am….Let not your heart be troubled.
Pop the lock out of anxiety into joy and gratefulness in all circumstances.


14 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see