2.5- Can you think of beautiful things that were done for you this week?

 2.5-

Can you think of beautiful things that were done for you this week?
I had a good friend to call me this week and his wife is also a good friend. They both wanted to speak to me and to encourage me and to see how I was doing. They didn’t really realize how much speaking to both of them would build me up that day.
The beautiful things that are done to bless others are especially appreciated the closer we get to finishing our journey on this earth. I think when we are young and very busy and highly engaged in our work and raising our families that we don’t really have the time or awareness of beautiful things that are done to convey love to us.
As Jesus was getting toward the end of His life there was this beautiful thing that was done for him that blessed Him greatly it seems. A woman friend had a jar of very expensive perfume that she poured out on his head. Some who observed this act said that it was ”wasteful” but Jesus said it was “beautiful”.
It makes me think of the most beautiful thing ever done for me. It was God giving the sweetest gift He could have given to me to provide grace, mercy and peace in my life. The gift of His Son Jesus.
Today I hope I can pass along some beautiful gift to someone that might honor the beautiful gift give to Jesus near the end of His life. Maybe a genuine response to the question, “How are you doing?” Maybe a smile conveying the reality of my life and the gratefulness I have in my heart today. Maybe a larger tip than usual to a hard working poor person. Something that is beautiful to make someone whom God created to have a better day.

Matthew 26

While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of Simon the Leper, a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table.

When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. “Why this waste?” they asked. “This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor.”

10 Aware of this, Jesus said to them, “Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 11 The poor you will always have with you,[a] but you will not always have me. 12 When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. 13 Truly I tell you, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see