The Kind of Leadership We Need

I think that my vocation given to me by God’s grace is to be a teacher. I am not a writer though I desire to write as a part of being a teacher.

Many of my friends are thinking a lot about leadership right now.

To me the model of leadership is Jesus Christ because I am a Christian. He was not a political leader and though at times some wanted Him to be, this was not His calling so He resisted political leadership. He was tempted by Satan to worship Satan and he would give him this world. Jesus said, “No.”
He gives His ideals of spiritual leadership in many places and one of these is the Message

John 10.
6-10 "Jesus told this simple story, but they had no idea what he was talking about. So he tried again. “I’ll be explicit, then. I am the Gate for the sheep. All those others are up to no good—sheep stealers, every one of them. But the sheep didn’t listen to them. I am the Gate. Anyone who goes through me will be cared for—will freely go in and out, and find pasture. A thief is only there to steal and kill and destroy. I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of."

The best leadership traits ever shown were shown by Jesus Christ it seems to me.
I am praying for leaders to be elected who are:
Upfront, honest, sincere and truthful.
Open hearted to connect deeply with others near to them.
Caring for those in deep trouble with their jobs, careers and family life.
Able to repent, change and apologize when they are wrong and have been hurtful.
Capable of helping people to get along and be considerate of each other.
Strong to stop those who cause division and violence among the people.
Not considering themselves as wise and truly educated while looking down on common people.
Not pretentious.
Not someone who is constantly blowing their own horn.
Someone who is not trying to impress with polished speeches, but who keeps things plain and simple.
Someone who is not obsessed with money but is obsessed with helping others in need.
Not someone who covets and grabs the land and property of others and takes them.
Not someone who bullies people.
Not someone who spreads mean gossip.
For more information from the Message on these leadership ideas.
John 10, Acts 16, 1 Corinthians 1,2, 1 Timothy 6.17-19, Micah 2.1-5, Proverbs 16.27-29
Larry Wishard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6.12- The teacher and his group.

6.10- The Power of Keeping a Confidence

4.2- The right kind of freedom versus the wrong kind of freedom.