11.11-Today is my wife's birthday. She has made a big difference in my life and I am blessed to her in my life now for over 50 years.

11.11-Today is my wife's birthday.  She has made a big difference in my life and I am blessed to her in my life now for over 50 years.



Then at about age 16 I started making some of my own decisions.  Some were good and some were bad.  From the bad ones I learned and received discipline and mercy from my family and from others.  I survived and learned.

Then at about age 18 made a big decision to go to college instead of go to the work world.  I attended ETSU, East Texas State University, a teaching college which had broadened its mission.  (Now A and M, Commerce)  I associated with some fun people from my own town and county who were going there.  All were trying to find our own way to make a life.  After one year there I was not really doing that well there because of my rebellious, searching mind put with some professors who did not believe in this core principle I had grown up with.

Birth, life, death and heaven with God for His children.

There were three professors or more that I had the first year who seemed focused on getting the students out of the silly idea that there was a God.  There was no God.  There was no life after death.  There was no universal standard of right or wrong.  This did not set well with me.  On the one had I wanted that kind of moral freedom of doing what I wanted to without eternal consequences, but on the other hand it didn’t fit with the way I had been raised.  This confused me for a time.

I decided to move to go to Abilene Christian College my sophomore year and continue training to be a teacher and coach in public schools.  There are was in contact with many students and professors who were more aligned with my own view of life.

This set up my decision to marry Sheila which has transformed my life in a positive way every day for the last 50 years. 24/7/365.  The second biggest decision of my life.

John 1.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9.4- Broken eggs.

9.2- There was this grasshopper who appeared to be very old and very wounded.

9.3- I have been given a bed to go to sleep in where a window is high and laying on my back I can see